1-3 December 2021
On December 1-3, Padova hosted the second Acceptance Pilot of IMPETUS Project: just one month after the Oslo AP. All the Partners were remarkable in making this pivotal step forward in terms of significance of the tools and usability of the IMPETUS platform.
The main objectives of the AP in Padova have been:
- improving the awareness of the local stakeholders;
- involving the right end-users;
- testing all the tools;
- collecting more feedback, ideas, comments and any other contributions to go with the developments.
The Municipality of Padua welcomed the IMPETUS partners and took part in the exercises and test with great enthusiasm.
The tests were all successful: they were undertaken in different locations, some combining different tools at the same time:
- 3 cybersecurity tools were tested in the IT department,
- 3 other tools in the Local Police SOC, and
- the remaining 3 involved end users with different skills and duties.
The potential of IMPETUS platform and the Partners' tools to improve security in public spaces has clearly impressive – even if there is still work to be done.
For the citizens, the most spectacular simulation was the one undertaken in the crowded main square of Padua, Piazza dei Signori. The guns, blank shots, firecrackers, rumbles and red smoke "terrified" the 80 volunteers who had to get out from the proposed mini-square, acting as normal citizens facing those dangers.
At the end of the event, the Partners had the chance to visit the Scrovegni Chapel by Giotto, one of the most amazing pieces of art in the world (for which Padova has been awarded as an UNESCO heritage site).
With another step ahead made, the Consortium won't stop working hard to get to the final Live Exercises!